Monday, April 30, 2012

The Retaining Rodent's Refuge

Kendra, my darling wife, will be the first to tell you--or anyone else--that her husband is, if not a complete pack rat, then certainly a retaining rodent. I have souvenirs from events dating as far back as elementary school, and the only time, it seems, that I remember I have them is when we move--which we have now done twice in less than a year.

Granted, I--and by "I" I mean via Kendra's insistent prodding--jettisoned a lot (for me, anyway) of stuff before our move to Florida--and I am sure that there was a lot more that could have been disposed of. But give me some credit--we went from 11 boxes of Halloween decor to 5.

Although we haven't found a home for everything (there remains the guest room to be tackled before the in-laws' visit in May), I did manage to get all of the holiday decor, along with a bunch of my miscellany, stashed in the small shed in the back yard. I even made room for our three bikes.

One small step for me, one giant leap for rodentkind.


No comments:

Post a Comment