Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Adventure, Phase 2

This afternoon my bride and I will hop on a plane for Orlando via Chicago. Why airlines route flights from Indy through Chicago is beyond me, but hey, it's a pretty cheap flight, all things considered. At least the return flight is direct--but I'd rather get there faster and get back to Indiana indirectly. Our short (three night) trip is to scout out our new home area and find a house--or other dwelling--to rent, as my wife's new job starts in about three weeks.

Don't jump my case about renting versus buying--we have our reasons. The trick will be finding a place that will accept our menagerie: two cats (neutered, no front claws) and one mini schnauzer. I guess people in Florida don't have pets, because most of the places we have found (online) so far don't allow the little furballs.

So right now I am running through my mental checklist of the things that need be done before we depart. We're thankful my cousin, who lives and works on the northside, will drop us off and pick us up, saving us some ridiculously overpriced parking fees. We're happy the hotel we are staying at has a pool and tiki bar--my wife more for the former, me more for the latter.

Time to dig out the suitcase and trudge out to the storage barn to find my sandals and flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment